Subject: Re: problems with the chroot stuff in /usr/pkgsrc/mk/bulk/mksandbox
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/17/2006 10:21:07
George Michaelson wrote:
> I tried to use the mksandbox script to make a place to test pkgsrc in,
> without busting my installed pkg state.
>
> For simple things, it works well. But I am finding more and more
> packages report:
>

> ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for pkg-config-0.21
> sh: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> *** Error code 2

It is likely that your X11 setup is broken. Please run

     $ make show-vars VARNAMES="X11_TYPE X11BASE"

For me, it shows

     native
     /usr/X11R6

and it is working.

By the way, if you update pkgsrc/mk/buildlink/bsd.buildlink3.mk to
revision 1.189 (the latest), you should get a more useful error message.

Roland