Subject: Re: CanoScan LiDE 30 on NetBSD not found by SANE
To: Xihong Yin <xyin@bluebottle.com>
From: Christoph Leuzinger <chris+ml@westworks.ch>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/16/2006 20:41:59
Hi!

Am 16.11.2006 15:34 schrieb Xihong Yin:

> output of "scanimage -L" is
> ----------------------------
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
> --------------------------

I'm using a Canon LiDE 35 (that's a different sane backend though) and
just tried running "scanimage -L" -- to no avail. I was very surprised
because it used to work on my NetBSD system in the past. I don't know
for sure, but maybe the update to NetBSD-4.0 BETA broke it.

Anyway, I went ahead and first deleted, then built and installed
libusb, sane-backends, and xsane fom pkgsrc-2006Q3 source. Now
everything seems to be working again.

Just wondering: Does dmesg show your scanner? I get "ugen0: Canon
CanoScan, rev 2.00/3.05, addr2".

HTH,
Christoph