Subject: Re: Search-engine for pkgsrc in Firefox 2
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/15/2006 13:40:24
Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> On St, 2006-11-15 at 12:22 +0100, Christian Biere wrote:
> > Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > > For those not sure what this is about: you probably know the Google search
> > > box in Firefox. This can replaced with other search engines in FF2,
> >
> > You could always configure any other URL in any Mozilla-derived browser. A
> > simple way is to look for google at about:config. See browser.search.defaultURL
> > and keyword.url.
>
> Or use a magic bookmark with a keyword and URL like
> http://pkgsrc.se/search.php?so=%s

For what it's worth, in Links (no not Lynx), I just use the history which is
almost as fast and a bit more flexible.

For example, gr<Control>-W (it's not <tab> as one would expect) takes me too
this:

groups.google.com/groups?scoring=d&q=last_search

im<Control>-W leads to this:
images.google.com/images?safe=off&q=last_search

go<Control>-W leads to this:
google.com/search?q=last_search

The latter two also have the advantage of not getting censored despite being
one of these evil Germans.

--
Christian