Subject: Need Some Guidance
To: pkgsrc-users <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kenneth Freidank <kennethcf@earthlink.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/07/2006 00:21:36
I am porting a package whose distribution file contains several tarballs
within the single distribution file  Each tarball can be thought of as a
separate component, one for documentation, one for system framework and
api source, one for sample application.  What's the best way to fit the
package into pkgsrc.  My current attempt is to:

1) create a package to install the distribution file "dist" to
"/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/dist" and unpack the distribution file into each
of the separate tarballs, i.e. /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/tarball1, tarball2,
tarball3, etc...
2) create one package for each of the separate tarballs that will
install each piece, user can pick and choose which piece is desired.

Should I use a different approach to packaging this software?

...on sourceforge.net in pkgsrc-wip...
/wip/xspd <--- the distribution package
/wip/xspsys  <--- the package for the main system tarball

Thanks,
Kenneth