Subject: Re: Problems with 2006Q3
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hrvoje =?utf-8?q?Habjani=C4=87?= <hrvoje.habjanic@zg.t-com.hr>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/03/2006 15:31:08
On Friday 03 November 2006 15:09, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 02:37:36PM +0100, Hrvoje Habjani? wrote:
> > >
> > > How is shared library searching done? Independent of -L?
> >
> > In case of "configure" script, yes. "configure" script doesn't respect
> > any "-L" flags - it adds sequentially different paths and when compile
> > pass, that one is added to libs string.
> >
> > Ld, on the other hand, respect "-L" flag. But, it is no use when
> > configure script adds "-L/usr/lib" .. does it? ;-)
>
> configure calls the wrapper scripts, so if cc/ld always filters out
> -L/usr/lib *first* and adds it again at the end, it should be fine.

Hmm ... So i would need to encode in wrapper that /usr/lib should be at the
end ... That doesn't sound too difficult, but this mean that all those paths
need to be put in wrapper script ... messy again. OK, the simpliest way
should be to put all paths from pkgsrc lib first. This should work ... Will

I'm guessing the best place to put this "library sorting" should be
in "buildcmd"?

> Joerg

H.