Subject: Re: firefox2 in pkgsrc?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/17/2006 17:30:18
On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 11:01:53AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I would be *very* leary of replacing the current Firefox release for at
> least several months after 2.0 comes out.  In other words, go for the
> firefox2 approach.

In that case, I could import firefox2-2.0rc3 now already, to allow broader
testing.

I presume I should make it install as "firefox2", i.e. not-conflicting with
firefox-1.5.0.7 (the pkgsrc-wip package already does this).  However I'm
not sure the ~/.mozilla/firefox directory will be compatible between those.

	Geert