Subject: Re: Testers Wanted - New UML modeling package
To: OBATA Akio <obata@lins.jp>
From: Kenneth Freidank <kennethcf@earthlink.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/16/2006 23:20:44
Thankyou!

Now I know how to pass an environment variable, and change the target!
MAKE_ENV+=.....
BUILD_TARGET=.....

I altered the package Makefile and patch-aa file accordingly.  I
continue to use

BUILD_DEPENDS+= qt3-tools-3*:../../x11/qt3-tools

instead of the .include because "Part II. The pkgsrc developer's guide",
"Chapter 9.  Creating a new pkgsrc package from scratch", the last line
of paragraph 4, says, "If the dependency is only needed for building the
package, but not when using it, use |BUILD_DEPENDS| instead of |DEPENDS|."

The QT3 tool, qmake, is only required during the build of bouml, so I
used the BUILD_DEPENDS line.  Please let me know if the paragraph 4 rule
I cited above, only applies when the "buildlink3.mk" file is missing.
If the paragraph 4 rule applies only when "buildlink.mk" is missing,
then I should not use BUILD_DEPENDS and instead do as you suggested, use
the .include.  Please let me know.

Thanks for you help!

Kenneth