Subject: Re: lang/clisp fails to build
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/08/2006 21:22:28
Rhialto wrote:
> On Sun 08 Oct 2006 at 07:29:00 +0200, Christian Biere wrote:
> > UNPRIVILEGED=yes
> > UNPRIVILEGED_USER=whatever
> > UNPRIVILEGED_GROUP=whatever

> No, such options have never been necessary.

Well, those might really not fix the problem with lang/clisp. I tried to
reproduce it but clisp build and installed just fine here as unprivileged user.

> I am used to always building
> as non-root and pkgsrc asks for the root password when needed (at
> install time).

How do you know what asks for the root password? Such prompts are just
bad design and both Mac OS X as well as Vista show it. There's no reason
to install anything as root except rare software which needs special
permissions/ownership which clearly shouldn't be the case for clisp.

--
Christian