Subject: Re: games/openttd and emulators/uae
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/06/2006 01:07:40
--------------enig187156D7C4ADE27330A92ECF

Christian Biere wrote:
>>    Current pkgsrc seems to contain OpenTTD 0.4.8-RC2, but there seems =
>> be a 0.4.8 release out there. (I tried to play a network game today
>> against a friend, but it complained about incompatible versions). Is
>> there an update planned for OpenTTD?
>=20
> There's probably no "plan". Either the maintainer didn't notice
> the new release or has no time, whatever. You can simply bump
> the version i.e., remove -RC2 in the Makefile and update distinfo.
> If it works, please provide the patches.

   With the - rather large - risk of sounding daft... How *do* I provide
a patch? I have fixed things in pkgsrc for my own amusement before, but
I have honestly never figured out how to create a diff for the mailing
lists.

   Do I need some special tools, or can cvs do it for me?

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson