Subject: Pkgsrc ncurses interferring with base system ncurses
To: None <>
From: Loren M. Lang <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/27/2006 01:34:04

I recently installed ncurses-5.5 from pkgsrc into the /usr/pkg prefix.
I also have a base ncurses-5.3 installed under /usr which several
programs including vim use.  I recently noticed odd behavior in vim and
discovered vim had switched to using the ncurses library from pkgsrc.
Various oddities like backspace acting like delete under certain
circumstances occured.  I tried moving /usr/pkg/share/terminfo out of
the way and replacing it with a symlink to /usr/share/terminfo which is
the terminfo for the base system and the oddities seemed to have gone
away.  What makes the terminfo for pkgsrc ncurses different than the
base system?
Loren M. Lang

Public Key:
Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -