Subject: Re: gcc34 build problem on Tru64 UNIX 5.1b
To: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
From: Alexey Lebedev <lebedev@zhtw.org.ru>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/20/2006 16:44:57
--=-dvr8+VMpVrLxakXjofeU

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 11:25 +0100, Raymond Meyer wrote:
> Well looking at config.log CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/CPPFLAGS contain '-ieee' flag =
which
> is invalid for gcc, it should be '-mieee'. If you didn't set it yourself,=
 then
> it was set by pkgsrc infrastructure:
>=20
> [raymond@ultra10] cd /opt/pkgsrc/mk
> [raymond@ultra10] for i in `find . -type f`
> > do
> > grep 'ieee' $i
> > if test $? -eq 0
> > then
> > echo "^^ $i"
> > fi
> > done
> # Most packages assume ieee floats, make that the default.
> CFLAGS+=3D        -ieee
> CXXFLAGS+=3D      -ieee
> ^^ ./compiler/ccc.mk
>               | -udi* | -eabi* | -lites* | -ieee* | -go32* | -aux* \
> ^^ ./gnu-config/config.sub
> -mieee)
>         arg=3D"-ieee"
> ^^ ./wrapper/transform-ccc-cc
> # Add -mieee to CFLAGS and FFLAGS for NetBSD->=3D1.5V-alpha
> CFLAGS+=3D        -mieee
> FFLAGS+=3D        -mieee
> ^^ ./platform/NetBSD.mk
>=20
> As far as I can see 'ieee' compiler flag is only valid for Compaq C compi=
lers,
> so maybe pkgsrc is thinking you're using those compilers. What does your
> mk.conf file have?

It contains:
PKGSRC_COMPILER=3Dccc
X11_TYPE=3Dnative
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=3Dunrar-license
CONFIG_SHELL=3D   /usr/pkg/bin/bash
WRAPPER_SHELL=3D  /usr/pkg/bin/bash
PKG_OPTIONS.SDL=3D-aalib -arts -esound -nas
PKG_OPTIONS.qemu=3D-nas
SED=3D/usr/pkg/bin/gsed
AWK=3D/usr/pkg/bin/gawk
SH=3D/usr/pkg/bin/bash

>  You need to have a bootstrap gcc installed before you can
> build and install pkgsrc gcc.=20

I do have a but why so? Is it the same for Solaris (and any non-gcc
systems)?=20

> So for example, suppose your bootstrap gcc is
> installed under /usr/local/gcc, before you can build pkgsrc gcc you need =
> build the dependant packages with Compaq C compilers. Set your mk.conf fi=
le so
> that it uses Compaq compilers, then
>=20
> # cd /opt/pkgsrc/lang/gcc34
> # bmake extract
> ... pkgsrc tries to extract gcc34 package and build its dependancies
> # MAKECONF=3D"" USE_NATIVE_GCC=3Dyes PKGSRC_COMPILER=3Dgcc \
> PATH=3D/usr/local/gcc/bin:$PATH \
> CC=3D/usr/local/gcc/bin/gcc \
> CXX=3D/usr/local/gcc/bin/g++ \
> CPP=3D/usr/local/gcc/bin/cpp \
> bmake package
>=20
> Running bmake extract in the example above ensures that any packages that
> lang/gcc34 package depends on, are built with Compaq compilers and then g=
et
> installed. Next, MAKECONF environment variable is temporary reset to empt=
> string to prevent pkgsrc from reading mk.conf file and the environment
> variables that specify native bootstrap GCC are temporary set to the
> appropriate values. This makes bmake package command to use bootstrap GCC=
> build pkgsrc GCC package

It doesn't seem to be a "standard way" to build gcc. Could I have found
it in pkgsrc's docs?

Anyway thanks a lot. I'm going to try.

Alexey Lebedev.

--=-dvr8+VMpVrLxakXjofeU