Subject: Re: pkg_chck errors
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/19/2006 00:39:11
Mehul N. Sanghvi wrote:

> bmake:
> "../../security/tcp_wrappers/../../security/tcp_wrappers/buildlink3.mk"
> line 20: Need an operator
> bmake:
> "../../security/tcp_wrappers/../../security/tcp_wrappers/buildlink3.mk"
> line 28: Makefile appears to contain unresolved cvs/rcs/??? merge conflicts
> bmake:
> "../../security/tcp_wrappers/../../security/tcp_wrappers/buildlink3.mk"
> line 38: Need an operator
> bmake: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_chk[9]:  bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/net/net-snmp:
> not found

I have just added an FAQ entry to the pkgsrc guide, which should be
online in about an hour. It will then be available at:

     http://netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/faq.html#faq.rcs-conflicts

<quote>
7.18. What does “Makefile appears to contain unresolved cvs/rcs/???
merge conflicts” mean?

You have modified a file from pkgsrc, and someone else has modified that
same file afterwards in the CVS repository. Both changes are in the same
region of the file, so when you updated pkgsrc, the cvs command marked
the conflicting changes in the file. Because of these markers, the file
is no longer a valid Makefile.

Have a look at that file, and if you don't need your local changes
anymore, you can remove that file and run cvs -q update -dP in that
directory to download the current version.
</quote>

Roland