Subject: Re: PLIST issues with xorg on Solaris
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/02/2006 14:42:28
On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 05:54:49PM +0100, Neil Hoggarth wrote:
> It appears that MAN_DIR and MAN_SUFFIX expand to null strings on my
> system.  I can actually get the package to build correctly by passing
> in MAN_DIR=man/man1 and MAN_SUFFIX=0 into the make via the
> envirionment. However I then hit similar issues on an even bigger
> scale with the xorg-libs package.
>
> Is X11_TYPE=xorg supposed to work on Solaris?

Noone tried so far :-) Take a look at
pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/xorg/Makefile.common and create an appropiate OS
section for Solaris. Feel free to contact me directly for question.
As a warning from someone who had to trace down many issues already,
always log the full build output and set PKG_DEVELOPER=yes. It comes in
handy when debugging.

BTW, is this Solaris on Sparc?

Joerg