Subject: Re: Problems with dbus
To: None <>
From: Marco Righele <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/01/2006 01:19:04
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:39:00 +0200
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <> wrote:

> I'm wondering... what do you need the system daemon for?  Do any
> application in pkgsrc currently use it?  (I've been running with the
> session daemon only for a very long time and it worked fine so far.)
> Cheers,

I have no particular use for it, but the build process of dbus-glib and
py-dbus seems to need it at some point because they call
dbus-send --system, and without dbus-glib most of gnome won't build.

for dbus-glib it is something like the following:

gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/tmp/sysutils/dbus-glib/'
DBUS_TOP_BUILDDIR=.. dbus-send --system --print-reply=literal --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect > dbus-bus-introspect.xml.tmp && mv dbus-bus-introspect.xml.tmp dbus-bus-introspect.xml

Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale!*