Subject: Re: OpenOffice 2
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/29/2006 23:20:25
--nextPart3144671.dUsNdT6zQ9

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 23:07, you wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:55:42 -0700, Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu> wrote:
>=20
> > On Tuesday 29 August 2006 22:20, you wrote:
> > > /usr/pkg/emul/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 is part of suse_base-10.0nb2.
> > > openoffice2-bin requires suse_compat, which in turn -- at least for 1=
0.0,
> > > which is what I use -- requires suse_base. =A0In other words, it *sho=
uld* be
> > > there for you....
> >=20
> > Ok, I see the problem. =A0The above looks like /lib/libpthread.so.0 but
> > openoffice is looking for /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0. =A0It appears that
> > openoffice should have added a symbolic link in /usr/lib. =A0=20
> >=20
> That sounds wrong -- if anything should add it, it should be suse_base.
> But I suspect that it's looking first in /lib and then in /usr/lib. =A0=20

Yes, suse_base may need to be the one.  The installation was on a fresh
install of 3.1RC1 and the installation didn't work.  I added the symbolic
links I mentioned above and soffice worked great.  So I doubt that soffice
is looking at /lib first or it would have found libpthread.so.0.

I'm not sure which package is at fault, but the result was not good.

=2D-Phil

=2D-=20
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu           Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu