Subject: Re: building xorg-server on gnu/linux
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/26/2006 17:11:42
On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 11:43:02AM +0000, Hannes Hauswedell wrote:
> i first tried xorg-moodular from wip, but it didnt work so now i tried the
> regular xorg.

I'm always looking for chances to improve xorg on Linux. Before starting
with xorg-server itself, cna you please make sure that xorg-libs and
xorg-clients pass the internal consistency checks of PKG_DEVELOPER=yes?
The imake system is quite fragile and a lot of errors are from
incomplete builds.

To test this, please remove all xorg packages, nuke /usr/pkg/xorg if it
still exists and log the build of each component (bmake install >&
logfile or so, depending on your shell). Please put the logfile of the
first failing component somewhere on the web or contact me off list when
you can't do that.

Thanks, Joerg