Subject: Re: p5-Crypt-Crack
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.aug.sechs@kh-22.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/12/2006 19:22:10
Jan Schaumann wrote:

> I've packaged p5-Crypt-Crack for pkgsrc.  You can fetch the files from
> www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/p5-Crypt-Crack.tgz
>
> It's been a while since I've packaged anything, so I just wanted to make
> sure that it looks ok before I add it.  Any feedback welcome.

Shouldn't this be called p5-Crypt-Cracklib?

What is -IINCLUDE and -LFBSDLIB doing in patch-aa?

patch-aa could be really simple: ignore everything but WriteMakefile()
and set
  my $include = '@PREFIX@/include/cracklib';
  my $incfile = '-Dpacker=1';
  my $lib = '@PREFIX@/lib';

just before WriteMakefile().
This omits unnecessary patch hunks inside "if (0 ne 0) {...}" and we do
not need CFLAGS in the pkgsrc Makefile.

test.pl needs a patch as well in order to run "make test" successfully.

Use the subst framework from mk/subst.mk.

Do not replace references to a different package (security/libcrack
here) with PREFIX (this is only for the package at hand,
p5-Crypt-Cracklib) but with LOCALBASE or BUILDLINK_PREFIX.pkg. I am not
sure which of them is really correct. Does anyone know?

No real maintainer in MAINTAINER?

I never noticed or used the variable "CRYPTO" before and it is not
mentioned in the pkgsrc guide. Do we really need this or is it a remnant
of US crypto policy in the past?

Changes available here
  http://www.NetBSD.org/~heinz/p5-Crypt-Cracklib.tar.gz

ciao