Subject: Re: parallel/sge 6.x
To: George Georgalis <>
From: Mark Davies <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/11/2006 00:27:03
On Thursday 10 August 2006 01:16, Mark Davies wrote:
> > Initializing spooling database
> > critical error: Profiling array is not initialized!
> >
> > Looks like a sge software problem. Maybe ./install_qmaster is not
> > properly setting env? The other stuff is cleanup, but this one
> > looks like some effort is needed, any idea what's wrong?
> Thats the initializing databases problem I mentioned.  The person I asked
> to look at it never got anywhere, and I haven't really poked at it myself.
> The relevant code is in gridengine/source/libs/uti/sge_profiling.c.

Changing the "cd ${WRKSRC}/source && ${AIMK} -no-jni" line to
"cd ${WRKSRC}/source && ${AIMK} -no-jni  -spool-berkeleydb" gets it beyond
this point by linking the berkeleydb spooling in directly rather than
dynamically so the problem must be something to do with threads and
dynamically loading libraries.