Subject: Re: USB support for APC UPSs?
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 07/29/2006 23:53:51
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:22:27 -0400, "Brian A. Seklecki"
<lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org> wrote:

> > Maybe USB ups-nut would work better with APC UPSes ...
>
> 	Most of the newer non-residential class APC UPSs have ethernet
> connectivity so you can use SNMP or SSH/HTTPs instead on a private
> VLAN.  I don't know of any daemon that can poll, but you could use
> cron(8) + snmpget(1) pretty easily.

Thanks -- but this is for my house...  (Yes, it's a lot of UPSs for a
house, but we have (at least) one computer per person, plus one for the
file server. What, you mean every house doesn't have a fileserver?  (In
this crowd, I'm not even the outer limits of computer density....)