Subject: Re: xextproto is not installed; can't buildlink files
To: Jukka Salmi <>
From: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 07/09/2006 01:11:40

At Thu, 6 Jul 2006 22:07:19 +0200,
Jukka Salmi wrote:
> using HEAD pkgsrc on a -current NetBSD/i386 system, building several
> packages like www/firefox and graphics/hicolor-icon-theme currently
> fails with
> ===> wrapper-message [...] ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for [...]
> ERROR: xextproto is not installed; can't buildlink files.
> *** Error code 1

I think it's a problem of x11/xcursor/

When building the packages which depend on gtk2, any
don't include of xproto and xextproto.  So xproto and
xextproto don't exist in BUILDLINK_PACKAGES at line 107 of
mk/buildlink3/  Then these are
included by x11/xcursor/ via x11/Xfixes/
However it's too late to include these

In pkgsrc-2006Q2, the problem does not happen because these packages
are installed (sorry, I don't know why), but these are not

  % cd /usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox
  % cat CVS/Tag
  % make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_BUILTIN_MK.xproto

IMHO, should not include

best regards.
 Kouichirou Hiratsuka