Subject: Re: apache-tomcat
To: Water NB <netbsd78@126.com>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/21/2006 21:58:00
thus Water NB spake:

> I have installed apache-tomcat and have some issues:
> When I run /etc/rc.d/tomcat, it failed.
>
> Some answer from Google tell me:
> ulimit -d 262144
>
> 1) Must I add ulimit into /etc/rc.d/tomcat?
> 2) ulimit is command of /bin/sh, is there another equal command in csh?
> 3) when tomcat runs, there are more then 40 processes of java. Why so
> many? every one use 34M memory, how to decrease processes?
> 4) /etc/rc.d/tomcat set JAVA_HOME to "", but I found that it couldn't
> work unless I set it to /usr/pkg/java/sun-1.5.
>
> thanks.

hi,

copying the sample rc.d startup file which came with the tomcat package
and adding the line:

ulimit -d 262144

after the "TOMCAT_LIB=/usr/pkg/tomcat" line should be sufficient.

HTH,

timo

--
Timo Schoeler | http://riscworks.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@riscworks.net
RISCworks -- Perfection is a powerful message

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.