Subject: Looking for a video player ...
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/17/2006 16:39:53
Hi,

This might not be the right list to ask such a question, but I could
not think of any other place to ask either. I need some help with
selecting a video player in pkgsrc.

I am used to watching movies in Windows XP; and there I use Windows
Media Player or DivX Player. Both of these are such that if I click
(left-click) on the position/ time bar, the movie jumps forward to
that position/ time. This way its very easy to jump from one part of
the movie to the other.

As opposed to that, in NetBSD (I use KDE), I have kmplayer and VLC
installed, and I find that both of them behave differently to clicking
on the position/ time bar. Clicking just moves the playback forward/
back in an increment -- rather than jumping to that particular
position which I clicked.

So what I'd like to know is that can anyone suggest a movie player in
the pkgsrc collection that behaves like I am used to with Windows XP?
Or maybe there's some tweaking that can be done with the existing
players to make them behave that way? Any suggestions/ recommendations
would be appreciated ...

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
	NetBSD/i386 3.0 + pkgsrc-current | Toshiba Satellite L10-102