Subject: Re: Save pkg_add'ed binary packages locally?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/11/2006 11:15:02
On 6/11/06, Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Mark Weinem wrote:
>
> > > Is there an option to save the pkg_add'ed binary packages locally
> >
> > How about pkgtools/pkg_tarup?
>
> pkg_add is used to fetch a remote package and all of its dependencies. The
> tar balls are extracted on the fly and no tarball is saved. (And if there
> is a failure somewhere, you may have to fetch all over again :(
>
> He wants it so the fetched package tarballs will be saved locally.

Still, pkg_tarup -d /where/ever \* will save every installed package.
I do this regularly after major package upgrades. If one wants to save
only the recent changes, one could save the output of pkg_info before
the installation, compare it with the same after the installation and
do pkg_tarup only on the difference.