Subject: Re: gtk2 on mac68k
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/10/2006 12:22:39
thelarsons3@cox.net wrote:
> I've managed to build gtk2 on NetBSD/mac68k, thanks to hints in bug 29950.  I was not able to get the patch there to work, even after a bit of modification to account for changes since then.  However, the general intent was to compile pixops with less optimization, so I hacked gtk+-2.8.15/gdk-pixbuf/pixops/Makefile to do that by changing all -O2 references to -O.
>
> I am still building my first packages against it (takes awhile at 40MHz!) but it seems to be plodding along just fine.  Once I've confirmed that it works, I'll post the binaries on my site.  Look for a followup within a couple days.

The first two gtk2 apps I built (xscreensaver-demo and xfce4) both seem
to launch correctly, but then die with an error that looks related to
the X server.  I remember one saying something about "color black not
defined" or such.  *shrug*  Anyway, they're available on my site
<christtrek.dyndns.org:8000/NetBSD/packages> if you want to try them out
for yourself.  Kind of puts me off from trying other gtk2 apps, if my X
server is flaky to begin with.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea