Subject: Re: Uninstalling a package and all its dependencies
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: OBATA Akio <obata@lins.jp>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/09/2006 21:10:58
Hi,

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:54:41 +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> I can install a meta package like GNOME (for instance) by doing "cd
> /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/gnome/ ; make install". That will fetch all the
> various packages that make up GNOME. Now suppose I want to uninstall
> GNOME completely, is there any equivalent command? Or do I have to go
> about removing each of the dependencies manually?

Man page of pkg_delete(1):

     -R      This option triggers a recursive delete of the given package and
             any packages it depends on, unless some other package still needs
             a dependent package.  This -R option can be used to clean up by
             deleting a package and all its then-unneeded dependent packages.
--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obata@lins.jp