Subject: Re: install problems in x11/xorg-imake
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/08/2006 14:36:00
--nextPart1870022.aqnommo9do

On Thursday 08 June 2006 12:53 pm, Phil Nelson wrote:
> I ended up getting the following install error. =A0Some makefile has
> the wrong path. =A0There is a missing xorg in the //. =A0(pkgsrc synced
> with HEAD today.)
>=20
> install.man in config/util done
> installing man pages in config/pswrap...
> install.man in config/pswrap done
> /bin/chmod 444 /usr/pkg//lib/X11/config/host.def
> chmod: /usr/pkg//lib/X11/config/host.def: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1

In the time it took to get the graylisting satisfied and get this to the li=
st,
I discovered that this is due to the machinery that changes user.
If I did the make install as root it finished successfully.  If I did the=20
make install as a non-root user and then used su the makefile lost that
xorg part of the config.

=2D-Phil

=2D-=20
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org