Subject: Re: is archivers/bzip2/builtin.mk correct/complete?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/03/2006 16:50:35
On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 06:24:06PM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:

> while looking at archivers/bzip2/builtin.mk (v1.6) I wondered whether
> it is really complete.
>
> The file refers to BUILTIN_PKG.bzip2 but this variable is, in
> contrast to the example in bsd.builtin.mk, not defined anywhere I can
> see.
> Isn't there supposed to be a "made-up" package version for the
> builtin bzip library? At least devel/zlib/builtin.mk goes to some length
> to do just that.

When I wrote that file, I left it open how the bzip2 version could be
determined, even to the point of allowing a knowledgeable user to set
BUILTIN_PKG.bzip2 directly in /etc/mk.conf.  I wasn't able to find a
reliable way to determine the bzip2 version number, but please let me
know if there is one.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>