Subject: Re: Package wip/xorg-server dependency issue
To: Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@netcologne.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/30/2006 11:37:22
On Tue, 30 May 2006, Thomas Schlesinger wrote:

> I've installed Xorg 6.9.0 (x11/xorg-server) and would like to update to
> modular Xorg (wip/xorg-server). A depedency of this package is wip/libICE.
> But libICE doesn't build, because it can't find xproto:
>
> [..]
>  checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for ICE... gnome-config: not found
> configure: error: Package requirements (xproto) were not met:
>
> No package 'xproto' found
> [..]
>
> x11/xproto-7.0.4 is installed on my system.
>
> Any suggestions?

A few notes:

- pkgsrc-wip is a "work in progress". They may be broken :)

- xproto assumes that ${X11BASE} != ${LOCALBASE}

- xorg-server and wip's xorg-server are very different packages that
happen to have same name. The pkgsrc-wip name is the same as the upstream
source though.

- I am using this pkgsrc wip package, so I will check this for you, but I
am not available to check yet. I will let you know.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'