Subject: Re: Getting the latest pkgsrc.tar.gz
To: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/29/2006 14:20:39
Hello Roland,

Are you referring to the document located at
"http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html". I see it
was modified on 25th May 2006 by jschauma -- that's what the ID tags
at the bottom say.

This document looks mostly same to me from before. One line that I
hadn't noticed earlier but noticed now was "You can browse the online
index of packages, or run make readme from the /usr/pkgsrc directory
to build local README.html files for all packages, viewable with any
web browser such as www/lynx or www/mozilla". I dont know if it was
added recently; but I noticed it now coz of the discussions here ...

If this is the document you are referring to, then I have one
suggestion. In the section "Source distribution", it says "You can
download the pkgsrc tarball or checkout the latest sources using
AnonCVS:

# cvs checkout -rpkgsrc-2006Q1 pkgsrc"

This isn't entirely true, is it? I mean, *latest sources* would mean
"# cvs checkout pkgsrc" right? Not 2006-Q1 but -current itself ... ?

Please let me know if I am looking at the wrong document. :)

On 5/29/06, Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have rewritten the part of the pkgsrc guide so that it tries to better
> answer your questions. Can you please have a look at it?
>
>      http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/getting.html
>
> Roland

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--=20
=09NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
=09http://search.gmane.org/?query=3D&group=3Dgmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)
=09http://man.netbsd.org/ (manpages)