Subject: Re: GNOME screensaver hangs
To: None <>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/27/2006 15:34:06
> It is not that hard on a native system which is otherwise unchanged
> and not in production use:
> -apply the appended patch (there will be conflicts around the
>  RCS ID strings which are harmless)

How do I "apply" the appended patch? I understand there must be some
command, and to that I must give ur patch and the original
"lib/libc/rpc/clnt_vc.c" file as arguments. What command?

>  altertatively, "cvs update -j1.13 -j1.14 clnt_vc.c" should
>  yield the same result

I suppose before that I'll have to give the repository name etc ...
what is that?

I can issue this command from anywhere right? Or do I have to change
directories to someplace?

> -cd /usr/src/lib/libc
> -make obj; make dependall
> -This will take a while.
> -make a backup copy of the old /lib/
> -make install
> -try some commands, just to test the new libc

Any usual commands would do? "ls" "mv" "nano" and so on?

> -if everything looks fine, reboot
> -if not: /rescue/mv /lib/<saved> /lib/<old name>
> I should better recommend that you have a backup of your important
> data...

Thanks a lot for the steps. :)

=09NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
=09* (archives)
=09 (manpages)