Subject: Re: Picasa
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/27/2006 08:40:21
--VywGB/WGlW4DM4P8

Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> Great! Thanks. :) So essentially we'll be running Picasa through WINE
> (built for Linux) through the Linux compat packages. Heh! If anybody
> has success with this, please do post here. :) Place where I work,
> downloading Picasa is blocked and so I can't see what they are
> offering, or download it myself to try out.

What do you mean with "downloading Picasa is blocked"? I know
that Google discriminates Non-Americans but that can be fixed
by simply setting the language to "en" or "en-us" in your browser.
So with that, the URLs below should just work:

http://picasa.google.com/linux/thanks-other.html
http://dl.google.com/linux/standalone/picasa-2.2.2820-5.i386.bin

Unless you meant some kind of block at your working place. That
can be worked around as well, so I wonder why they would bother
with technical methods.

--=20
Christian

--VywGB/WGlW4DM4P8