Subject: Re: Picasa
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/27/2006 08:31:08
> Be aware that Picasa is only shipped in binary form for Linux and it
> is bundled with wine and everything else it needs, except libc.  That
> is, you needn't install wine from pkgsrc.  At least that is what I
> understand from the web page.
>
> Trying it under NetBSD should be easy, assuming you have the SuSE
> linux compat packages (available in pkgsrc) and COMPAT_LINUX in your
> kernel.  I do not know whether it will work or not.

Great! Thanks. :) So essentially we'll be running Picasa through WINE
(built for Linux) through the Linux compat packages. Heh! If anybody
has success with this, please do post here. :) Place where I work,
downloading Picasa is blocked and so I can't see what they are
offering, or download it myself to try out.

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--=20
=09NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
=09http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=3Dgmane.os.netbsd (archives)
=09http://man.netbsd.org/ (manpages)