Subject: Re: Errors with ".po" files
To: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/26/2006 08:57:39
Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Where can I report to when I find such errors? It doesn't matter to
> me if "el.po" doesn't work and so I replace it with "de.po" -- chances
> are I'll never be using the Italian translated versions anyways -- but
> I am sure it matters to other people and so its best I report
> somewhere.

If a .po file doesn't compile, then it's considered a bug and you can
either post the problem here on pkgsrc-users@, or preferably by sending
a PR on the issue (send-pr).

> 2) Any way I can compile my packages *without* all these extra
> language supports thrown in? I just want English -- no need for
> Italian and Dutch and all that.

No, I do not believe that is currently an option, though the idea is
interesting for those who want to tune their builds.  I have been
working on a generic solution for limiting the files included in an
installation, but it would not help in this case because it works during
the install phase, not the build phase, so *.po file compilation errors
would still cause the build to break.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>