Subject: Re: Automatic packages maintenance
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/13/2006 14:52:38
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 01:06:11PM +1200, Asmodehn wrote:
> I am planning to write some script to automate the maintenance of packages on a machine.
> The goal is to have always the latest version of packages installed if possible, otherwise fallback to the last stable version.
> I am using pkg_chk, and therefore I have a list of the packages I want to have and maintain on my machine in a pkgchk.conf

To make a long answer short: You won't get any help from the pkgsrc
developers, since mixing the stable branch and current is not support
for very good reasons. Dependencies change, infrastructure changes, etc.
Don't even try this if you don't know *exactly* what you are doing. You
most likely don't fall into that category though.

Joerg