Subject: Re: Re: pure-ftpd, setting _flags in rc.conf
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/26/2006 10:07:01
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Joel CARNAT wrote:

> I didn't thought about checking previously... only looked at ps results
> - sorry.
>
> Would the "daemonize" flag hide the starting flags from process status ?

The code's ftpd.c has a setprocessname() function that modifies this
process information. pure-ftpd does stuff like setting this to give status
like DOWNLOAD, UPLOAD, SERVER (like you saw), and PRIV.

See the setproctitle(3) manual page for some more details.

sendmail and some other programs do the same things.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'