Subject: Re: pkgsrc-stable branch stories?
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/17/2006 11:35:33

Johnny Lam <> wrote:
> I personally use the stable branch on production servers.  I find it=20
> avoids the chaos of keeping up with rapidly changing PKGREVISIONs that=20
> happen on pkgsrc HEAD at times.  I keep a sandbox handy for rebuilding=20
> packages when there is a security update on the stable branch, and I=20
> update all of my software to the newest stable branch every quarter.

Pretty much the same here, with the exception that I do not update all
my software regularly.  I generally update the pkgsrc branch when a new
one is released, but only rebuild packages when there is a reason
(security issue, user request).

Except most of the good bits were about frogs, I remember that.
You would not believe some of the things about frogs.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)