Subject: Re: problem in geography/shapelib/
To: Steven M. Bellovin <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/17/2006 12:12:30
On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 07:36:14PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I believe that geography/shapelib/ needs
> 	BUILDLINK_INCDIRS.shapelib:=     include/libshp
> added so that applications can find the #include file.  Am I correct?  Or
> should applications that use it be patched to say #include<libshp/shaplfil.h>?

If a program installs its header files in a subdirectory, it should
be well-defined and packages using it should use #include <foo/bar.h>,
or it should provide a pkg-config sniplet or config script that
provides the appropriate C(PP)FLAGS.

I don't think it's up to buildlink3 to fix this. (Though of course
it can be used as a workaround.)