Subject: Re: Fix for libdvdread on DragonFly
To: Steve O'Hara-Smith <>
From: Bj|rn Englund <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/12/2006 15:10:23
Wed Apr 12 2006, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> 	Hi,
> 	I'm not sure when it stopped working but libdvdread fails on
> DragonFly because it automatically changes /dev/<whatever>
> to /dev/r<whatever> but DragonFly got rid of the r<whatever> devices some
> time ago.
> 	The attached modified version of patch-ab (which adds DragonFly
> support in the first place) prevents the r being added on DragonFly which
> results in a working libdvdread.

Hi, thanks for the patch, I added it slightly modified to the
cvs of libdvdread. I had a similar fix for FreeBSD that I noticed didn't
strdup the devname so I changed that too.
Should this patch be applied for NetBSD too, or are the /dev/r<names> still
in use there?

Please check the cvs version of libdvdread to see
if it is ok for DragonFly now. (There is a patch for DragonFly applied already
in bswap.h, is it still ok?).