Subject: pthread needed for poppler-utils
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/01/2006 18:33:54
I split out poppler-utils from print/poppler package. I didn't test the
latest (from this week) print/poppler on NetBSD 2.1. But today I tested
and the new poppler-utils fails to build due to:

undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_unlock'
undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_destroy'

These pthread references are in the

I don't see any code in the poppler configuration testing for threads.

On DragonFly the build didn't have this problem. The binaries work with or
without building with -pthread. (But with -pthread it links with

I need to look closer, but for NetBSD 2.1 my fix is simply:

But I don't want to do this for systems that don't appear to need this
(like DragonFly).

Any thoughts on this?

(I won't be able to look again for a couple days.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'