Subject: Firefox 2.0 ("Bon Echo") alpha 1 in pkgsrc-wip
To: None <pkgsrc-wip-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net, pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/30/2006 08:53:50
Hi,

I've created packages for the "next generation" Firefox in pkgsc-wip.
They're called firefox2, firefox2-gtk1 and firefox2-bin, the usual layout.
They currently install Bon Echo Alpha 1, which is Firefox 2.0 Alpha1, and
can be installed in parallel to Firefox 1.5 from pkgsrc, because they
install as firefox2.

See http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/releases/2.0a1.html for more
information about this release.

Oh, and please don't send me bug-reports if this package doesn't work well.
It's an alpha, you shouldn't use it! :-)

Enjoy,

	Geert

PS: The "official-mozilla-branding" option applies here, too.  With it, the
binary is called "Firefox" with the official logo.  Without it, it's called
"Bon Echo", with a different logo.  We're not allowed to redistribute
officially-branded binaries at the moment.