Subject: Re: graphics/librsvg2 build failed
To: Tyler Mitchell <fission@ldx.ca>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/13/2006 11:03:14
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Sure enough, the pkg-config in .tools isn't finding it:
>
> ...graphics/librsvg2% work.i386/.tools/bin/pkg-config --cflags freetype2
> Package freetype2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `freetype2.pc'
> No package 'freetype2' found
>

> Whereas /usr/pkg/bin/pkg-config has no trouble:
>
> ...graphics/librsvg2% /usr/pkg/bin/pkg-config --cflags freetype2
> -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2 -I/usr/pkg/include

On your system, freetype2 may also be provided by the native operating
system and it doesn't have a pkg-config *pc file for it.

You also happen to have it installed via pkgsrc. (It looks like you have
it installed twice.)

One workaround would be to force use of your pkgsrc version:
 PREFER_PKGSRC+=freetype2
Or another fix would be to add a pkg-config *pc file for the native
version (and make pkgsrc properly use it).

> Can anyone see what's wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong. The freetype2/builtin.mk could maybe
generate the pkg-config *pc file if missing. Please file a PR about this
(if not already reported).

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo 'I7@87944:;6<754372=9=?48812=7043:>' | tr '0-@' 'wutrofn mlkige.ca'