Subject: Re: multimedia/gst-plugins0.10-{base, good}
To: None <segv@netctl.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/07/2006 08:22:22
On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 segv@netctl.net wrote:

> OK I don't understand the functionality of those plugins, but disabling
> everything would make the package useless wouldn't it? I mean I need the
> plugins to play ogg audio files for example, why disable it?

I believe the plan is so someone can choose the specific plugin they need
and no be forced to bring in all the dependencies or restrictions around
the plugins they don't need.

Look at the audio and multimedia category gst-plugins* packages. If the
actual plugin you need is missing, this probably just means that nobody
has stepped up to package it yet. (It should be easy since there are many
examples. And I see 0.8 versions available.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/