pkgsrc-Changes archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang



Module Name:    pkgsrc
Committed By:   rin
Date:           Sat Oct  3 11:12:34 UTC 2026

Modified Files:
        pkgsrc/lang/ruby33: hacks.mk
        pkgsrc/lang/ruby34: hacks.mk
        pkgsrc/lang/ruby40: hacks.mk

Log Message:
ruby*: Works around GCC 14 bug on alpha

s/-O2/-O1/ for GCC >= 14 on alpha. Otherwise, for ruby34, e.g.,

```
gcc -mieee -O2 -mieee -pthread -I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include -fPIC -pipe  -fno-strict-overflow -fvisibility=hidden -fexcess-precision=standard -DRUBY_EXPORT -I. -I.ext/include/alpha-netbsd 
-I.ext/include -I./include -I. -I./prism -I./enc/unicode/15.0.0   -Dmodular_gc_dir="" -I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include    -o ractor.o -c ractor.c
during RTL pass: sched2
ractor.c: In function 'ractor_channel_func':
ractor.c:4010:1: internal compiler error: in move_insn, at haifa-sched.cc:5477
 4010 | }
      | ^
0x1215184ff diagnostic_impl(rich_location*, diagnostic_metadata const*, int, char const*, __va_list_tag*, diagnostic_t)
        ???:0
0x121518beb internal_error(char const*, ...)
        ???:0
0x121640d9b fancy_abort(char const*, int, char const*)
        ???:0
0x120569693 move_insn(rtx_insn*, rtx_insn*, rtx_def*)
        ???:0
0x12057ef93 schedule_block(basic_block_def**, void*)
        ???:0
0x1212bc327 schedule_insns() [clone .part.0]
        ???:0
0x1212bc907 (anonymous namespace)::pass_sched2::execute(function*)
        ???:0
Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source (by using -freport-bug).
Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
See <http://www.NetBSD.org/support/send-pr.html> for instructions.
```

cf. PR toolchain/60843 GCC/alpha 14 miscompiles GCC backend


To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/lang/ruby33/hacks.mk
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/lang/ruby34/hacks.mk
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/lang/ruby40/hacks.mk

Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.

Modified files:

Index: pkgsrc/lang/ruby33/hacks.mk
diff -u pkgsrc/lang/ruby33/hacks.mk:1.1 pkgsrc/lang/ruby33/hacks.mk:1.2
--- pkgsrc/lang/ruby33/hacks.mk:1.1     Sun Jan 21 08:22:02 2024
+++ pkgsrc/lang/ruby33/hacks.mk Sat Oct  3 11:12:34 2026
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-# $NetBSD: hacks.mk,v 1.1 2024/01/21 08:22:02 taca Exp $
+# $NetBSD: hacks.mk,v 1.2 2026/10/03 11:12:34 rin Exp $
 
 .if !defined(RUBY33_HACKS_MK)
 RUBY33_HACKS_MK=       defined
@@ -41,4 +41,10 @@ PKG_HACKS+=          optimisation
 BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=  rm:-fomit-frame-pointer
 .endif
 
+# On NetBSD/alpha, GCC 14 fails to compile cont.c with -O2.
+.if ${MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-*-alpha} && ${CC_VERSION:Mgcc-1[4-9].*}
+PKG_HACKS+=            optimisation
+BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=  opt:-O2:-O1
+.endif
+
 .endif # RUBY33_HACKS_MK

Index: pkgsrc/lang/ruby34/hacks.mk
diff -u pkgsrc/lang/ruby34/hacks.mk:1.1 pkgsrc/lang/ruby34/hacks.mk:1.2
--- pkgsrc/lang/ruby34/hacks.mk:1.1     Thu Jan  2 06:51:04 2025
+++ pkgsrc/lang/ruby34/hacks.mk Sat Oct  3 11:12:34 2026
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-# $NetBSD: hacks.mk,v 1.1 2025/01/02 06:51:04 taca Exp $
+# $NetBSD: hacks.mk,v 1.2 2026/10/03 11:12:34 rin Exp $
 
 .if !defined(RUBY33_HACKS_MK)
 RUBY33_HACKS_MK=       defined
@@ -41,4 +41,10 @@ PKG_HACKS+=          optimisation
 BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=  rm:-fomit-frame-pointer
 .endif
 
+# On NetBSD/alpha, GCC 14 fails to compile ractor.c with -O2.
+.if ${MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-*-alpha} && ${CC_VERSION:Mgcc-1[4-9].*}
+PKG_HACKS+=            optimisation
+BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=  opt:-O2:-O1
+.endif
+
 .endif # RUBY33_HACKS_MK

Index: pkgsrc/lang/ruby40/hacks.mk
diff -u pkgsrc/lang/ruby40/hacks.mk:1.1 pkgsrc/lang/ruby40/hacks.mk:1.2
--- pkgsrc/lang/ruby40/hacks.mk:1.1     Tue Feb  3 16:00:33 2026
+++ pkgsrc/lang/ruby40/hacks.mk Sat Oct  3 11:12:34 2026
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-# $NetBSD: hacks.mk,v 1.1 2026/02/03 16:00:33 taca Exp $
+# $NetBSD: hacks.mk,v 1.2 2026/10/03 11:12:34 rin Exp $
 
 .if !defined(RUBY33_HACKS_MK)
 RUBY33_HACKS_MK=       defined
@@ -41,4 +41,10 @@ PKG_HACKS+=          optimisation
 BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=  rm:-fomit-frame-pointer
 .endif
 
+# On NetBSD/alpha, GCC 14 fails to compile scheduler.c with -O2.
+.if ${MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-*-alpha} && ${CC_VERSION:Mgcc-1[4-9].*}
+PKG_HACKS+=            optimisation
+BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=  opt:-O2:-O1
+.endif
+
 .endif # RUBY33_HACKS_MK



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index