[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/py-ipython
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: markd
Date: Tue Dec 15 10:23:03 UTC 2015
pkgsrc/devel/py-ipython: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update py-ipython to 3.2.1
IPython 3.2.1 is a small bugfix release, primarily for cross-site
security fixes in the notebook. Users are strongly encouraged to
upgrade immediately. There are also a few small unicode and
IPython 3.2 contains important security fixes. Users are strongly
encouraged to upgrade immediately.
- Address cross-site scripting vulnerabilities CVE-2015-4706,
- A security improvement that set the secure attribute to login
cookie to prevent them to be sent over http
- Revert the face color of matplotlib axes in the inline backend to
not be transparent.
- Enable mathjax safe mode by default
- Fix XSS vulnerability in JSON error messages
- Various widget-related fixes
Released April 3, 2015
The first 3.x bugfix release, with 33 contributors and 344 commits.
This primarily includes bugfixes to notebook layout and focus problems.
- Various focus jumping and scrolling fixes in the notebook.
- Various message ordering and widget fixes in the notebook.
- Images in markdown and output are confined to the notebook width. An
.unconfined CSS class is added to disable this behavior per-image.
The resize handle on output images is removed.
- Improved ordering of tooltip content for Python functions, putting
the signature at the top.
- Fix UnicodeErrors when displaying some objects with unicode reprs on
- Set the kernel’s working directory to the notebook directory when
running nbconvert --execute, so that behavior matches the live
- Allow setting custom SSL options for the tornado server with
NotebookApp.ssl_options, and protect against POODLE with default
settings by disabling SSLv3.
- Fix memory leak in the IPython.parallel Controller on Python 3.
Released February 27, 2015
This is a really big release. Over 150 contributors, and almost 6000
commits in a bit under a year. Support for languages other than Python
is greatly improved, notebook UI has been significantly redesigned, and
a lot of improvement has happened in the experimental interactive widgets.
The message protocol and document format have both been updated, while
maintaining better compatibility with previous versions than prior updates.
The notebook webapp now enables editing of any text file, and even a
web-based terminal (on Unix platforms).
3.x will be the last monolithic release of IPython, as the next release
cycle will see the growing project split into its Python-specific and
language-agnostic components. Language-agnostic projects (notebook,
qtconsole, etc.) will move under the umbrella of the new Project Jupyter
name, while Python-specific projects (interactive Python shell, Python
kernel, IPython.parallel) will remain under IPython, and be split into a
few smaller packages. To reflect this, IPython is in a bit of a transition
state. The logo on the notebook is now the Jupyter logo. When installing
kernels system-wide, they go in a jupyter directory. We are going to do our
best to ease this transition for users and developers.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/py-ipython/ALTERNATIVES
cvs rdiff -u -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/devel/py-ipython/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/py-ipython/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/devel/py-ipython/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |