[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases/redis
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: fhajny
Date: Fri Jul 18 09:33:58 UTC 2014
pkgsrc/databases/redis: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update redis to 2.8.13.
--[ Redis 2.8.13 ] Release date: 14 Jul 2014
# UPGRADE URGENCY: LOW for Redis and Sentinel, this is a features enhancement
release mostly. Since this release introduces the latency
monitoring feature, Redis 2.8 users experiencing latency
issues are strongly encouraged to upgrade.
* [FIX] CLIENT KILL minor backward compatibility fixes. (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [FIX] Enable HAVE_ATOMIC for PowerPC. (Matt Stancliff)
* [FIX] More robust PSYNC and AOF rewrites tests. (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [FIX] Solaris build fixed. (Matt Stancliff, Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [NEW] The new latency monitoring feature, as documented at
http://redis.io/topics/latency-monitor (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [NEW] The COMMAND command, exposing the Redis command table
as an API. (Matt Stancliff)
* [NEW] Update used memory with C11 __atomic. (Matt Stancliff)
--[ Redis 2.8.12 ] Release date: 23 Jun 2014
# UPGRADE URGENCY: HIGH for Redis, CRITICAL for Sentinel.
# WARNING: This release contains a non backward compatible semantical change
to Lua script that should affect an almost zero number of users.
* [FIX / BREAKS BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY] Using SELECT inside Lua scripts no
longer makes the selected DB to be set in the calling client.
So Lua can still use SELECT, but the client calling the script will
remain set to the original DB. Thix fixes an issue with Redis
replication of Lua scripts that called SELECT without reverting the
selected DB to the original one. (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [FIX] Sentinel failover was instalbe if the master was detected as available
during the failover (especially during manual failovers) because
of an implementation error (lack of checking of
SRI_PROMOTED flag). (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [FIX] Cancel SHUTDOWN if initial AOF is being written. (Matt Stancliff)
* [FIX] Sentinel: bind source address for outcoming connections. (Matt
* [FIX] Less timing sensitive Sentinel tests. (Salvatore Sanfilippo).
* [NEW] redis-cli --intrinsic-latency stopped with SIGINT still reports
stats (Matt Stancliff)
* [NEW] Sentinels broadcast an HELLO message ASAP after a failover in order to
reach a consistent state faster (before it relied for periodic HELLO
messages). (Salvatore Sanfilippo).
* [NEW] Jemalloc updated to 3.6.0. (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [NEW] CLIENT LIST speedup. (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [NEW] CLIENT LIST new unique incremental ID to every client. (Salvatore
* [NEW] ROLE command added. (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [NEW] CLIENT KILL new form to kill by client type and ID (see doc at
redis.io for more info). (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [NEW] Sentinel now disconnects clients when instances are reconfigured
(see http://redis.io/topics/sentinel-clients). (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
* [NEW] Hiredis update to latest version. (Matt Stancliff)
--[ Redis 2.8.11 ] Release date: 11 Jun 2014
# UPGRADE URGENCY: HIGH if you use Lua scripting, LOW otherwise.
* [FIX] A previous fix for Lua -> Redis numerical precision enhancement
introduced a new problem. In Redis 2.8.10 commands called from Lua
passing a string that "looks like" a very large number, may actually
use as argument the string converted as a float. This bug is now
* [FIX] Now commands other than *PUSH* adding elements to a list will be able
to awake clients blocked in a blocking POP operation.
* [FIX] Cygwin compilation fixes.
--[ Redis 2.8.10 ] Release date: 5 Jun 2014
# UPGRADE URGENCY: HIGH if you use min-slaves-to-write option.
* [FIX] IMPORTANT! A min-slaves-to-write option active in a slave totally
prevented the slave from acception the master stream of commands.
This release includes testes for min-slaves-to-write, and a fix
for this issue.
* [FIX] Sometimes DEL returned 1 for already expired keys. Fixed.
* [FIX] Fix test false positive because new osx 'leaks' output.
* [FIX] PFCOUNT HLL cache invalidation fixed: no wrong value was reported
but the cache was not used at all, leading to lower performances.
* [FIX] Accept(2) multiple clients per readable-event invocation, and better
processing of I/O while loading or busy running a timedout script.
Basically now the LOADING / BUSY errors are reported at a decent
* [FIX] A softwaer watchdog crash fixed.
* [FIX] Fixed a Lua -> Redis numerical precision loss.
* [NEW] Lua scripting engine speed improved.
* [NEW] Sentinel generates one new event for humans to understand better
what is happening during a failover: +config-update-from.
Also the time at which a failover will be re-attempted is logged.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/databases/redis/Makefile \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/databases/redis/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |