[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/py-asn1
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Wed May 15 22:25:22 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/security/py-asn1: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 0.1.7:
- License updated to vanilla BSD 2-Clause to ease package use
- Test suite made discoverable by unittest/unittest2 discovery feature.
- Fix to decoder working on indefinite length substrate -- end-of-octets
marker is now detected by both tag and value. Otherwise zero values may
interfere with end-of-octets marker.
- Fix to decoder to fail in cases where tagFormat indicates inappropriate
format for the type (e.g. BOOLEAN is always PRIMITIVE, SET is always
CONSTRUCTED and OCTET STRING is either of the two)
- Fix to REAL type encoder to force primitive encoding form encoding.
- Fix to CHOICE decoder to handle explicitly tagged, indefinite length
- Fix to REAL type decoder to handle negative REAL values correctly. Test
- The compact (valueless) way of encoding zero INTEGERs introduced in
0.1.5 seems to fail miserably as the world is filled with broken
BER decoders. So we had to back off the *encoder* for a while.
There's still the IntegerEncoder.supportCompactZero flag which
enables compact encoding form whenever it evaluates to True.
- Report package version on debugging code initialization.
- Documentation updated and split into chapters to better match
- Make prettyPrint() working for non-initialized pyasn1 data objects. It
used to throw an exception.
- Fix to encoder to produce empty-payload INTEGER values for zeros
- Fix to decoder to support empty-payload INTEGER and REAL values
- Fix to unit test suites imports to be able to run each from
their current directory
- Built-in codec debugging facility added
- Added some more checks to ObjectIdentifier BER encoder catching
posible 2^8 overflow condition by two leading sub-OIDs
- Implementations overriding the AbstractDecoder.valueDecoder method
changed to return the rest of substrate behind the item being processed
rather than the unprocessed substrate within the item (which is usually
- Decoder's recursiveFlag feature generalized as a user callback function
which is passed an uninitialized object recovered from substrate and
its uninterpreted payload.
- Catch inappropriate substrate type passed to decoder.
- Expose tagMap/typeMap/Decoder objects at DER decoder to uniform API.
- Obsolete __init__.MajorVersionId replaced with __init__.__version__
which is now in-sync with distutils.
- Package classifiers updated.
- The __init__.py's made non-empty (rumors are that they may be optimized
out by package managers).
- Bail out gracefully whenever Python version is older than 2.4.
- Fix to Real codec exponent encoding (should be in 2's complement form),
some more test cases added.
- Fix in Boolean truth testing built-in methods
- Fix to substrate underrun error handling at ObjectIdentifier BER decoder
- Fix to BER Boolean decoder that allows other pre-computed
values besides 0 and 1
- Fix to leading 0x80 octet handling in DER/CER/DER ObjectIdentifier decoder.
- Include class name into asn1 value constraint violation exception.
- Fix to OctetString.prettyOut() method that looses leading zero when
building hex string.
- Fix to __long__() to actually return longs on py2k
- Fix to OctetString.__str__() workings of a non-initialized object.
- Fix to quote initializer of OctetString.__repr__()
- Minor fix towards ObjectIdentifier.prettyIn() reliability
- ObjectIdentifier.__str__() is aliased to prettyPrint()
- Exlicit repr() calls replaced with '%r'
- Hex/bin string initializer to OctetString object reworked
(in a backward-incompatible manner)
- Fixed float() infinity compatibility issue (affects 2.5 and earlier)
- Fixed a bug/typo at Boolean CER encoder.
- Major overhawl for Python 2.4 -- 3.2 compatibility:
+ get rid of old-style types
+ drop string module usage
+ switch to rich comparation
+ drop explicit long integer type use
+ map()/filter() replaced with list comprehension
+ apply() replaced with */**args
+ switched to use 'key' sort() callback function
+ support both __nonzero__() and __bool__() methods
+ modified not to use py3k-incompatible exception syntax
+ getslice() operator fully replaced with getitem()
+ dictionary operations made 2K/3K compatible
+ base type for encoding substrate and OctetString-based types
is now 'bytes' when running py3k and 'str' otherwise
+ OctetString and derivatives now unicode compliant.
+ OctetString now supports two python-neutral getters: asOcts() & asInts()
+ print OctetString content in hex whenever it is not printable otherwise
+ in test suite, implicit relative import replaced with the absolute one
+ in test suite, string constants replaced with numerics
- Fix to base10 normalization function that loops on univ.Real(0)
- ASN.1 Real type is now supported properly.
- Objects of Constructed types now support __setitem__()
- Set/Sequence objects can now be addressed by their field names (string index)
and position (integer index).
- Typo fix to ber.SetDecoder code that prevented guided decoding operation.
- Fix to explicitly tagged items decoding support.
- Fix to OctetString.prettyPrint() to better handle non-printable content.
- Fix to repr() workings of Choice objects.
- Major codec re-design.
- Documentation significantly improved.
- ASN.1 Any type is now supported.
- All example ASN.1 modules moved to separate pyasn1-modules package.
- Fix to initial sub-OID overflow condition detection an encoder.
- BitString initialization value verification improved.
- The Set/Sequence.getNameByPosition() method implemented.
- Fix to proper behaviour of PermittedAlphabetConstraint object.
- Fix to improper Boolean substrate handling at CER/DER decoders.
- Changes towards performance improvement:
+ all dict.has_key() & dict.get() invocations replaced with modern syntax
(this breaks compatibility with Python 2.1 and older).
+ tag and tagset caches introduced to decoder
+ decoder code improved to prevent unnecessary pyasn1 objects creation
+ allow disabling components verification when setting components to
structured types, this is used by decoder whilst running in guided mode.
+ BER decoder for integer values now looks up a small set of pre-computed
substrate values to save on decoding.
+ a few pre-computed values configured to ObjectIdentifier BER encoder.
+ ChoiceDecoder split-off SequenceOf one to save on unnecessary checks.
+ replace slow hasattr()/getattr() calls with isinstance() introspection.
+ track the number of initialized components of Constructed types to save
on default/optional components initialization.
+ added a shortcut ObjectIdentifier.asTuple() to be used instead of
__getitem__() in hotspots.
+ use Tag.asTuple() and pure integers at tag encoder.
+ introduce and use in decoder the baseTagSet attribute of the built-in
- The individual tag/length/value processing methods of
encoder.AbstractItemEncoder renamed (leading underscore stripped)
to promote overloading in cases where partial substrate processing
- The ocsp.py, ldap.py example scripts added.
- Fix to univ.ObjectIdentifier input value handler to disallow negative
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/security/py-asn1/Makefile \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/security/py-asn1/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |