[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/audio/py-beets
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Thu Mar 14 13:57:55 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/audio/py-beets: DESCR Makefile PLIST distinfo
Import py-beets-1.0.0 as audio/py-beets.
Beets is the best command-line tool for viewing, querying, renaming,
and updating your music collection.
The purpose of beets is to get your music collection right once
and for all. It catalogs your collection, automatically improving
its metadata as it goes using the MusicBrainz database. (It also
downloads cover art for albums it imports.) Then it provides a
bouquet of tools for manipulating and accessing your music.
Because beets is designed as a library, it can do almost anything
you can imagine for your music collection. Via plugins, beets
becomes a panacea:
* Embed and extract album art from files' tags.
* Listen to your library with a music player that speaks the MPD
protocol and works with a staggering variety of interfaces.
* Fetch lyrics for all your songs from databases on the Web.
* Manage your MusicBrainz music collection.
* Analyze music files' metadata from the command line.
* Clean up crufty tags left behind by other, less-awesome tools.
* Browse your music library graphically through a Web browser
and play it in any browser that supports HTML5 Audio.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/audio/py-beets/DESCR \
pkgsrc/audio/py-beets/Makefile pkgsrc/audio/py-beets/PLIST \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |