[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/filesystems/openafs
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jakllsch
Date: Mon Mar 4 19:39:41 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/filesystems/openafs: Makefile distinfo
Update openafs to 1.6.2.
Upstream release notes:
User-Visible OpenAFS Changes
* Fix buffer overflows in fileserver and ptserver.
* Abort an rx connection when given an unknown service (Gerrit 7593).
* "idle dead" behavior improvements.
* Documentation updates.
All server platforms
* Fix rare file corruption during background sync (Gerrit 8796).
* Fix corrupting clients' metadata cache during certain errors (Gerrit
* Avoid saying a volume doesn't exist when accessed as the volume is
going offline (Gerrit 7488).
* Fix fileservers to properly report >2 TiB partitions.
* Fix stale volume info from vos examine on non-DAFS filservers.
* Fix possible volume corruption with vos convertROtoRW.
* Fix bosserver to preserve all command-line options over restart.
* Fix bosserver to properly kill hung processes during shutdown.
All UNIX client platforms
* Fixes for memcache, especially on Solaris.
* Increase the size of the DNS resolver answer buffer to allow sites
with a long response list to use SRV and AFSDB records.
* Fix a crash when a server appears to run out of addresses (Gerrit
* Fix cache corruption when reading from a file another client is
simultaneously writing to (Gerrit 7994).
* Improve handling of disk cache disk errors.
* fix DKMS configuration for DKMS 2.2.
* Avoid generating inode number 0 with md5 inodes (Gerrit 7276).
* Fix a crash when reading /proc/fs/openafs/unixusers (Gerrit 7914).
* Make PAG-less access use the real UID of the calling process
instead of the effective UID, when determining what credentials to
use (Gerrit 7931).
* Fix possible abuse of fs mkmount.
Prior to 1.6.2, users could crash a client by nesting volume mounts.
* Fix fileserver memory corruption on RHEL 6
Prior to 1.6.2, fileservers on RHEL 6 may crash under heavy load.
* Fix client page cache corruption on Linux
When multiple clients read and write to a file, the reading client
may see first page (4096 bytes) of a file as nulls.
* Support Linux kernels up to 3.7.
* Support newer glibc versions.
* Improve client systemd unit file.
* Update Red Hat packaging.
* Fix crashes on shutdown.
* Prevent unloading the module before shutdown completes.
* Security improvement for the OpenAFS preference pane.
* Support newer versions of the Sun Studio compiler software.
* Support compiling on newer versions of Solaris 11 and Solaris 10.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/filesystems/openafs/Makefile \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |