[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/kyua-cli
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmmv
Date: Sat Feb 23 03:37:40 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/devel/kyua-cli: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/devel/kyua-cli/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
Update to 0.6:
Experimental version released on February 22nd, 2013.
* Issue 36: Changed 'kyua help' to not fail when the configuration file
is bogus. Help should always work.
* Issue 37: Simplified the syntax() calls in configuration and Kyuafile
files to only specify the requested version instead of also the format
name. The format name is implied by the file being loaded, so there
is no use in the caller having to specify it. The version number of
these file formats has been bumped to 2.
* Issue 39: Added per-test-case metadata values to the HTML reports.
* Issue 40: Rewrote the documentation as manual pages and removed the
previous GNU Info document.
* Issue 47: Started using the independent testers in the kyua-testers
package to run the test cases. Kyua does not implement the logic to
invoke test cases any more, which provides for better modularity,
extensibility and robustness.
* Issue 57: Added support to specify arbitrary metadata properties for
test programs right from the Kyuafile. This is to make plain test
programs more versatile, by allowing them to specify any of the
requirements (allowed architectures, required files, etc.) supported
* Reduced automatic screen line wrapping of messages to the 'help'
command and the output of tables by 'db-exec'. Wrapping any other
messages (specially anything going to stderr) was very annoying
because it prevented natural copy/pasting of text.
* Increased the granularity of the error codes returned by kyua(1) to
denote different error conditions. This avoids the overload of '1' to
indicate both "expected" errors from specific subcommands and
unexpected errors caused by the internals of the code. The manual now
correctly explain how the exit codes behave on a command basis.
* Optimized the database schema to make report generation almost
* Bumped the database schema to 2. The database now records the
metadata of both test programs and test cases generically, without
knowledge of their interface.
* Added the 'db-migrate' command to provide a mechanism to upgrade a
database with an old schema to the current schema.
* Removed the GDB build-time configuration variable. This is now part
of the kyua-testers package.
* Rewrote the Kyuafile parsing code in C++, which results in a much
simpler implementation. As a side-effect, this gets rid of the
external Lua files required by 'kyua', which in turn make the tool
* Added caching of various configure test results (particularly in those
tests that need to execute a test program) so that cross-compilers can
predefine the results of the tests without having to run the
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/devel/kyua-cli/Makefile \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/devel/kyua-cli/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/kyua-cli/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/kyua-cli/patches/patch-ab
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |