[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: hiramatsu
Date: Tue Feb 12 04:35:24 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx: Makefile Makefile.common PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx-doc: Makefile PLIST
pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx/patches: patch-ab patch-src_largeobject.cxx
Update libpqxx from 2.5.5 to 4.0.1.
Changes from previous
- Support for REPEATABLE READ isolation level.
- Build fix for OS X.
- Build fixes for clang++ 3.2.
- Build fixes for clang++ 3.0.
- Build fix for MinGW.
- Build fix for BSD (and possibly other grep flavours).
- Compatibility typedefs: pqxx::result::tuple & pqxx::result::field.
- Supports C++11.
- Fixed failure to detect some integer overflows during conversion.
- API change: noticers are gone! Use errorhandlers to capture error output.
- API change: tablereaders and tablewriters are gone; they weren't safe.
- API change: prepared statements are now weakly-typed, and much simpler.
- API change: fields and tuples are now stand-alone classes in ::pqxx.
- API change: thread-safety field have_strerror_r is now have_safe_strerror.
- API change: notify_listener has been replaced with notification_receiver.
- notification_receiver takes a payload parameter.
- Easier Visual C++ setup.
- Absolutely requires a libpq version with PQescapeStringConn.
- Absolutely requires libpq 8.0 or better.
- Changes for C++0x.
- Supports clang++.
- Visual C++ makefiles now support new-style unit tests.
- Sample headers for more recent Visual Studio versions.
- Fixes binary-data escaping problems with postgres 9.0.
- Fixes problems with binary-string handling and escaping.
- Fixes compatibility problems between 9.x libpq and 7.x backend.
- quote_name to escape SQL identifiers for use in queries.
- syntax_error reports error's approximate location in the query.
- On Windows, now uses ws2_32 instead of wsock32.
- Various Windows build fixes.
- Updated for gcc 4.6.0.
- configure script supports --enable-documentation/--disable-documentation.
- Streamlined test/release toolchain.
- Shared libraries are now versioned by ABI: 3.1 instead of 3.1.0 etc.
- Threading behaviour is now documented, and can be queried.
- Version information available at compile time.
- Supports parameterized statements.
- Result tuples now support slicing.
- Configure with --with-tr1=boost to use BOOST shared_ptr.
- String conversion now has its own header file.
- Supports read-only transactions.
- Fixed breakage with Solaris "make".
- Uses shared_ptr if available.
- binarystring::str() is no longer cached; no longer returns reference.
- Fixed problems in Visual C++ Makefile for test suite.
- Fixed problems with RPM packaging.
- Fixed build problem on RedHat/CentOS 5.
- Lets you check whether a prepared statement has been defined.
- "Varargs" prepared statements.
- Unnamed prepared statements now supported.
- Results have iterator as well as const_iterator.
- Rewrite of robusttransaction logic; may actually do its job now.
- Connections support async query cancel from signal handler or thread.
- More documentation for performance features.
- Website is now at http://pqxx.org/ (no redirects)
- Completely replaced cursor classes
- More helpful error messages on failed connections
- More detailed hierarchy of constraint-violation exception classes
- trigger is now called notify_listener, trigger header is now notify-listen
- New mixin base class pqxx_exception distinguishes libpqxx exception types
- Quoting is back! transaction_base::quote() & connection_base::quote()
- Several build & documentation problems with Visual C++ fixed
- Compile fixes for gcc 4.2, 4.3
- Compile fixes for Sun Studio Express 5.9
- Uses strlcpy() where available, instead of strncpy()
- Keeps better track of applicable text encodings
- Fixed bug with prepared statement parameters in separate C++ statements
- robusttransaction now works for multiple users
- Pipeline lets you cancel ongoing queries, e.g. because they run for too long
- Fixed broken escaping of binary values in tablewriter
- Floating-point types now represented with full precision
- Proper unit tests for new functionality
- New traits-based system for adding data types
- Floating-point infinities now supported
- Flushing/completing a pipeline now frees up the transaction for other use
- Completely reworked test suite, builds and runs much faster
- tablewriter supports writing of raw lines
- Removed old 1.x API (that means all identifiers with capital letters!)
- Tested with all current libpq versions and oldest/newest supported backends
- No longer have old OnCommit()/OnAbort()/OnDoubt() callbacks in transactor!
- Fixes failure when closing cursors with upper-case letters in their names
- Fixes bug when adding triggers to connections that aren't open yet
- Fixes bug when removing triggers
- Fixes small memory leak when preparing statements
- Fixes many problems with older backends
- Fixes bug in result::swap(): protocol versions were not swapped
- Some errors went undetected when using certain libpq versions
- Fixes prepared statements on new libpq versions talking to old backends
- Can estimate server version if libpq does not know how to obtain it
- Greatly reduced memory usage while escaping strings
- With Visual C++, creates lib/ directory if not already present
- Useful error messages when preparing statements
- Allows prepared statements to be registered explicitly
- Support for "long long" types; enable with PQXX_ALLOW_LONG_LONG macro
- Compilation errors for older libpq versions fixed
- Some new small utility classes for disabling notice processing etc.
- Result sets remember the queries that yielded them
- New test script, pqxx-fulltest, tests against all current postgres versions
- Connections can simulate failure
- Adds password encryption function
- Fixes bug: binary parameters to prepared statements truncated at nul bytes
- New, more specific exception types to distinguish errors from server
- Resolved serious problems with generated reference documentation
- Automatically detect Windows socket library with MinGW
- Windows "make" fixed to run from main directory, not win32
- Fixes "mktemp" problems on some BSD-based platforms
- pqxx-config is deprecated; use pkg-config instead
- On GNU/Linux, uses poll() instead of select() to avoid file descriptor limit
- Will provide server and protocol version information where available
- New cursor class, absolute_cursor
- New escape functions for binary data: transaction_base::esc_raw()
- Improved detection of socket libraries, especially for MinGW
- Works around bug in some versions of GNU grep 2.5.1
- Fixes problem with configuration headers
- Fixes PQprepare() detection
- Fixes incomplete Visual C++ Makefile
- Fixes compile error in workaround for older libpq versions
- Removes "rpath" link option
- New, encoding-safe string-escaping functions
- Upper-case letters now allowed in prepared-statement names
- Fixes crash in test005
- More Visual C++ improvements
- Removed collaboration diagrams from reference docs
- New templating system for generating Windows Makefiles etc.
- Visual C++ users: copy win32/common-sample to win32/common before editing it
- Should fix problems finding socket library on MinGW
- Even more work on Visual C++ problems
- Updated documentation for Visual C++ users
- Fixed bug in prepared statements (mostly visible on Visual C++)
- Nested transactions work harder to detect backend support
- Massively improved compatibility with Windows and Visual C++
- Fixed late initialization of "direct" connection state
- Fixed problem with initialization of connection capabilities
- Fixed configuration bug for libpq in nonstandard locations
- Sample configuration header for libpq found in PostgreSQL 8.1
- Radical rework of prepared statements; INCOMPATIBLE INTERFACE CHANGE!
- Dropped support for g++ 2.95
- Emulate prepared statements support on old libpq or old backend
- Bug fix: missing tutorial (release script now tests for this)
- Automatically links in socket library on Windows or Solaris, if needed
- Bug fix: check for std namespace didn't work
- Fixes for Cygwin/MSYS/MinGW
- Bug fix: connection state was not set up properly in some common cases
- Bug fix: headers were installed in "include" instead of "include/pqxx"
- Bug fix: sqlesc(string) broke with multibyte or multiple encodings
- namedclass is now used as a virtual base; affects all subclass constructors
- Initial implementation of subtransactions
- Detect more connection capabilities
- Standard library namespace can be set from configure script's command line
- Completely reworked connection hierarchy, with separate policy objects
- Clients can now define their own connection policies
- Paved the way for client-defined thread synchronization
- Now lives at http://thaiopensource.org/development/libpqxx/
- Hugely improved recognition of different strerror_r() versions
- Resolved link problems with gcc 4.0 and shared library
- New macro PQXX_SHARED defines whether to use/build libpqxx as shared library
- Robusttransaction compatible with PostgreSQL 8.1
- Infrastructure for querying connection/backend capabilities at runtime
- Greatly improved cursor support
- Connection reactivation can be inhibited explicitly
- Tries even harder to make sense of conflicting strerror_r() definitions
- Detects connection failures that libpq glosses over
- Reference documentation grouped into more coherent sections
- Assumes strerror() is threadsafe on systems that have no strerror_r()
- Now allows connection's socket number to be queried
- New internal_error class for libpqxx-internal errors
- With Visual C++, doesn't redefine NOMINMAX if it is defined already
- Several compatibility improvements for Visual C++
- Fixes and workarounds for HP-UX and HP aCC compiler
- Phased old cursor interface out of test suite; tests ported to new interface
- Added documentation on thread safety
- New thread safety model
- Large objects have functions to tell current position
- Minor updates to tutorial (somebody pay me and I'll do more :)
- No longer needs libpq-fs.h header
- Meaningful error messages for ambiguous string conversions fixed
- Support null parameters to prepared statements (use C-style char pointers)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.25 -r1.26 pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx/Makefile.common
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx-doc/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx-doc/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/databases/libpqxx/patches/patch-ab
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |